1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ intermittent no start issue

Wrangler85

Having an intermittent no start issue on a 1995 Jeep yj with code 11 no ignition reference signal code
Replaced crankshaft sensor any help would be great

I have not had this problem yet but did look into it when I was researching some ignition testing. Most common is the crankshaft sensor you replaced. Then there's the distributor sensor, two pieces, a magnet and pick up. Last some peole have found a bad connection going to the ECM computer. Unplug, clean and reconnect same for the distributor connector.

What brand of sensor did you use for the replacement? These things are known to be finicky with sensors than OE Mopar sensors.

Reactions: Greg
I own a ’90 YJ 2.5L. Years ago I had an intermittent no start problem. It seemed to be related to the relay near the firewall on the right side. If memory serves me the horn relay was right next to the ignition relay and they were interchangeable. I would swap the relays and it would start. At some point the problem went away by itself. I never really diagnosed what was wrong but it got it to start.

Having an intermittent no start issue on a 1995 Jeep yj with code 11 no ignition reference signal code
Replaced crankshaft sensor any help would be great
Did you get the problem fixed? I’m having a similar problem with my 95, but I haven’t checked for codes. If I wait a little while (couple of hours) it will start right up and run like a champ. It might be a week or two before it acts up again. It acts like it wants to start and will spit and sputter for a second but won’t start. Does yours do that? It has never died on me while running.