1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ missing key port in steering

MAZZAA5054

I have a 95 jeep wrangler jy that I had recently bought from friend but it had been tampered with by a druggy looking for some money and he had taken the key port and messed with many wires below and I need help fixing this issue so I can start building this beast, any advice would help. Please and thank you 😊🙏

Snapchat-54505831.jpg

Snapchat-897094901.jpg

I just got my '95 (picture is it coming home on my trailer). Some person had tried to drill out the ignition cylinder. He messed up the housing, and the rack inside. It started pretty well with a screwdriver though. That is about the same as what you have. I looked for parts and came down to the conclusion that I could spend a fortune on e-by to get a YJ column which would fix it all. Instead i got an inexpensive Cherokee column and cut off the flange on the bottom. I had to use the bracket from under the column from the YJ but had to re-drill it to fit the new column... it works great.

The next thing is to get a replacement ignition lock cylinder... eBay also. I ended up getting a set of 4 so now there is only one key for all.

Your wiring looks pretty normal. Just check to see what is working and what isn't, then follow those wires, you'll be on the road soon!

My bet is that all you need is to get an ignition lock cylinder, not the whole column. To install it you will need to pull the Steering wheel and the turn signal stuff out... remove the retaining screw and insert the new lock... assembly is reverse.