1992 Laredo

HarryPoker

This is my car.

Bought it couple of weeks ago.I have a question aboutsome details about this car. It is 1992 YJ Laredo.There are some modifications from the previous owner. For example it has mercedes W202 2.5 diesel engine and gearbox. Also some additional lights, different color from original red.

jeep.jpg

Reactions: Chris
I have a question about the bumper. It is aftermarket bumper, right? Despite of that I have seen exactly the same bumper on 4.0 litre jeeps what are for sale right now in mobile.de site:

1596796003541.png
1596796016775.png
1596796031619.png
1596796053529.png

Seems that it if not the same then almost the same is available for those jeeps, but by who and is it an original which you could get from the JEEP factory, or some aftermarket brand which is just famous and popular? It would be great if someone could help me wit that information.

Not that many. Those pictures are from German site mobile.de . In Estonia they are really rare. No YJs for sale right now. I don’t like that bumper very much but since exactly the same is on 6 YJs in mobile.de, I thought maybe it is common in US too, where there are lot of YJs.

A Mercedes 4-cylinder Diesel and gear box conversion you say?

Any pictures? Is it turbo charged? 4 or 5 speed gear box? Do show all!

Post a pic of the engine bay and under-chassis showing the DC motive power on my "The Diesel Jeep Build" page if you can.

RR

Reactions: jeepjoe43
A Mercedes 4-cylinder Diesel and gear box conversion you say?

Any pictures? Is it turbo charged? 4 or 5 speed gear box? Do show all!

Post a pic of the engine bay and under-chassis showing the DC motive power on my "The Diesel Jeep Build" page if you can.

RR
The Merc diesel perked my ears, too!
Diesel Jeep conversion has interested me ever since I burned up the 327 Rambler in my first Jeep 30 years ago.
A '67 Waggy, considered a Navastar or a Cat, just too expensive.
Built a 460, but then the swap never happened.
Ended up selling that motor when a '43 GPW fell in my lap. The love of my life. R.I.P.

Last edited: